iPhone 5 unknown device driver windows7
Is anyone out there getting an ‘unknown device driver’ error when they plug in their iPhone 5 into their Windows 7 computer?
If so, here is a tip that may help:
- Make sure you iPhone 5 is disconnected from your Windows PC
- Open a command prompt:
- If you are logged in as administrator:
- Open your command prompt, click Start select Run
- Type cmd then press Enter (this opens a command prompt window)
- If you are not logged in as administrator
- Click Start, and type command prompt into the search box
- Right click and select ‘Run as administrator’ for the command prompt listing
- Type the following at the command prompt:
Net localgroup Administrators local service /add
then press Enter
- A message stating ‘The command completed successfully’ should appear.
- Close the command prompt and reconnect your iPhone 5 🙂
A reader with an iPhone 5 asked me to look into this issue and these steps fixed her problem!
Also, these steps were adapted to be iPhone 5 specific, here is a link to the original source tip discussing a Nokia 5800 phone.