Disable Sprint proxies for faster DL/UL speeds
I recently disabled the proxies that were set at the defaults on my Motorola Photon phone. After that, my 3G download speeds were noticeably faster 🙂 4G is spotty in my area but I will do more testing on that next time I have good coverage again.
Here are the screenshots of the process: (click the thumbnails for larger non-cropped images)
- ##3282# (aka ##data#) to access phone settings
- Multimedia is the option you want… EVDO, DSS, NAB, Advanced etc. are also listed
- Here are the DEFAULT Sprint proxy settings!
- MSL verification required to edit settings
- Use these settings to bypass any Sprint proxies for potentially faster DL/UL speeds
I also plan on posting speedtest results and detailed instructions eventually, but if the screenshots aren’t enough for you then here are some sites that have all the info you need:
[How To] Retrieve MSL and speed up internet fasterhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1140870I already had my msl. followed the other forum can confirm increase in speeds thank you quick note on evo 3d after hitting advanced scroll down to bottom its in the rtsp/http…