Ninja Coffee Bar: DEEP CLEANING/Enhanced cleaning [SOLVED]
The Ninja coffee bars are great devices but they do require descaling and sometimes the normal descale clean does not alleviate the clean light coming on. Thankfully, there is a longer deeper cleaning option available! (See below)
Oddly, Ninja seems to make it very hard to find their deep “enhanced cleaning” instructions for the Nina Coffee Bar. I checked their FAQ and support pages with minimal success.
Finally, I found the full instructions! 🙂 Here they are for your reference:
ENHANCED CLEANING STEPS FOR YOUR NINJA COFFEE BAR
Applicable to all CF080Series and CF085Series
Cleaning is recommended before or as soon as the Clean button illuminates. Cleaning your Ninja Coffee Bar™ is recommended to keep your brewer brewing hot, rich, and smooth coffee. The Clean button will illuminate when your Ninja Coffee Bar™ senses there is a calcium build up on your machine, which could be affecting the flavor of your coffee. To clean your machine and keep the same great taste of Ninja® coffee, follow the directions below:
- Select the carafe size and set the carafe in place beneath the brew basket.
- Use a descaling solution or powder and follow the directions on the package and fill up to, but not exceeding the Max Fill line (43 oz.)
- Press the Clean Button to activate the clean cycle; after one minute press again the Clean Button to manually pause the clean cycle.
- Let the cleaning solution rest for 30 minutes in your brewer. Note: This will allow cleaning solution to break up any calcium buildup.
- After 30 minutes, Press the Clean Button to activate the clean cycle; after one minute press again the Clean Button to manually pause the clean cycle.
- Let the cleaning solution rest for another 30 minutes in your brewer. Note: This will allow cleaning solution to break up any calcium buildup
- Press the Clean Button once more to resume and complete cleaning cycle. Note: A full clean cycle will take approximately 65 minutes.
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh water up to, but not exceeding the carafe line (43 oz. Max Fill line). Run 2 or 3 clean cycles with fresh water to rinse using clean button to execute rinsing. Discard the water in the carafe after each cycle. Please take special care to thoroughly clean the carafe and water reservoir to remove any cleaning solution that could affect the flavor of your coffee
I hope these steps are helpful to you and that they keep your Ninja coffee bar in tip-top shape 🙂 -J.D.