Lenovo X230 Memory Upgrade to 16GB [HOWTO] [VIDEO]
[Scroll to the bottom for a quick video of the upgrade process!]
The Lenovo X230 (and its predecessor the X220) are absurdly easy to upgrade. Here is the X230 memory upgrade process:
- Power off laptop (fully OFF, not hibernate)
- Remove battery
- Remove two screws from memory access panel
- Remove existing RAM by releasing retention clips
- Securely install new upgrade RAM
- Replace cover & screws
- Replace battery and power ON!
I love this laptop!