MacBook Air dropping wifi? [solved]
Q. My MBA keeps dropping wifi connections, especially when coming up from sleep… it is weird because it prompts me to reenter my WPA2 password every time it does this but even after entering the password it can’t connect! Can you help?
A. I have a MBA that exhibited similar issues, so far the best help has been the latest Lion update (10.7.1) Hopefully this update will help you too and get your MacBook Air working well with wifi! If you still encounter problems, please let me know and also include your wireless router/access-point model # for troubleshooting purposes.
Also, here is an article about the surprising fact that you use “Software Update” instead of the “App Store” to obtain the update…
More people having similar problem:
Some older Wifi troubleshooting tips:
Changelog/feature list of the latest Lion update:
The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
- Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
- Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
- Resolve an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached
- Resolve an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air
- Resolve an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4764.