How do I cancel Boost auto-boost?! [solved]
Question. How do I cancel my Boost mobile “Auto-boost”, I want to go back to just manually re-boosting (recharging, topping up, etc.) my phone! So far, all I can find is this:
To cancel out of Auto Re-BoostSM you must actively unsubscribe by calling Boost™ Customer Care at 1-866-402-7366 and they will help you out and get you unenrolled.
In this day and age, isn’t there a way to do this online?!
Answer.Yes, you likely can cancel auto re-boost online
UPDATE: 2011.09.19 I tried the online cancel feature (normally at step 2 during the “auto reboost” setup) and it seemed to skip from step 1 to step 3 without letting me cancel… so I went ahead and called the 800, actually 866, number and had to speak to a representative (Kathy) to get auto reboost canceled. Thankfully she was very helpful and it was painless.
Here’s how Boost Mobile describes how to do it:
Of course. Some changes, however, will require that you re-enroll in Auto Re-Boost.
- If you’re on a per minute or per day plan, you can change your Low Balance Auto Re-Boost payment amount or unsubscribe from Auto-Re-Boost. However, you will be required to re-enroll in Auto Re-Boost if you change your default payment amount.
- If you’re on a per month plan, you can unsubscribe from Monthly Auto Re-Boost, but you can’t change the payment amount. The payment amount is automatically determined based on your monthly payment amount/plan.
- You can change or update your credit or debit card information anytime, but you will be required to re-enroll in Auto Re-Boost.
Login to My Account.
- After you login, click on the ‘Re-Boost’ or ‘Add Money’ tab and select the link at the bottom of the page to set up automatic payments.
- Here you will be able to update your current Auto Re-Boost settings or check the box to un-enroll from Auto Re-Boost.
You can also change or cancel your Auto Re-Boost by dialing #ADD (#233) from your Boost® phone.
I hope this helps! Also, if you hit any snags with this process I’m sure the original support phone # would work as a last resort.
NOTE: for reference here’s the description of the “Auto Re-Boost” feature:
Auto Re-Boost allows you to register a credit card or debit card with Boost Mobile®, which can be used to automatically make a payment according to the type of plan you’re on.
Per Minute or Per Day Plans:
You can enroll in Low Balance Auto Re-Boost which allows you to select a preferred Auto Re-Boost amount (between $10-$99) that will be automatically charged to your credit/debit card and added to your account when your balance drops to $5 or below. This way you won’t have to manually add money to keep your service active.
Per Month Plans:
You can enroll in Monthly Auto Re-Boost which allows your monthly payment amount to be automatically debited on your monthly payment date from your credit/debit card that is registered with Boost®.