The Acer AO722 is a lovely little netbook. However, it does have a few annoyances. One of which is that when using the netbook it will make an annoyinh beep, if you plug-in, or unplug, the power supply.
I am not sure why Acer designed the A0722 this way, but thankfully there are a couple ways to disable the power plug beep!
In Windows 7 go to:
Control Panel > Sound > Playback Tab > Speakers > Properties > Levels Tab > Mute PC Speaker
Thanks to slickdeals for this tip!
Or the more complicated method,
- Control Panel
- Device Manager
- Click on the “View” menu option
- Click “Show Hidden Devices”
- Click the + sign next to “Non-Plug and Play Devices” from the list of devices to expand the listing
- Double click “Beep”
- Select the the “Driver” tab
- Choose “Disabled” in the Startup drop down menuThanks to and adapted from original source here.
Hopefully these tips will make your laptop’s annoying beeps a thing of the past!