Folio 13-1029wm Notebook PC
- Very reasonable price at $498
- Very nice size and weight
- Good looks
- Solid build quality
- Fairly good display quality
- Bright backlit keyboard
- Excellent battery life (6-7 hours)
- Difficult to upgrade the RAM or replace the SSD
- Up/down arrow keys are combined with Page up / Page down and are MUCH too small
- The cooling fan is on quite often and is rather noisy when you have the laptop on your lap
- Glossy ‘glare’ type screen, reflections are not too bad though if you are in the shade (like on a screened in porch) or inside with good lighting
- HD3000 graphics the CPU are too slow for even moderate gaming at medium settings, though they will do fine with flash games etc.
- Resolution is merely adequate at 1366×768
- The screen has a significant bezel at the top and bottom, even the sides have room to spare. It would have been nice if they had fit in a 14″ display and kept the rest of the laptop the same size.
- The ‘function’ keys (i.e. F1, F2, etc.) actually default to their alternative function. For example, F5 turns the k eyboard backlight on. To actually press ‘F5′ you have to press Fn+F5. This behavior is adjustable in the BIOS.
To be added once I have had more time with the machine. If you have any questions about it, just post in the comments!